This weekend was very wet and miserable. The children ofcourse had bags of energy to use but they couldnt go out and play as it was just too wet.
We decided to bake some Chocolate Brownies from Flora Buttery's funspiration guide!
We set out the ingredients, not to forget the packet of Flora Buttery!!
The girls started breaking up pieces of Chocolate squares ready to be melted. They really enjoyed doing this and sneaked a few pieces for themselves!
Then i melted the chocolate and we measured the rest of the ingredients and added them all together, next was the fun part.... the mixing!!
After about 10 minutes of baking the house was filled with an amazing chocolate smell! Yum!
Ready to eat!
So there you have it, a fun, easy and not too exspensive way to entertain the little ones in your own home. Have a look at Flora Butterys funspiration guide for more recipes and activities!
Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 115g (4oz) plain chocolate
- 4 tbsps Flora Cuisine
- 3 medium eggs
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g (1½oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz ) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g (2oz) set natural yogurt
- 85g (3oz) flaked almonds
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until creamy and slightly thickened.
3. Sieve the dry ingredients and add to the eggs with the chocolate mixture, yogurt and nuts. Mix gently.
4. Pour into a greased 22cm (9 inch) square tin.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C, 150°C fan, gas mark 3 for 45–55 minutes.
6. Leave to cool before cutting into squares.